Sunday, 13 May 2012

Banana Cinnamon Waffles

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2012/05/13/banana-cinnamon-waffles/





Dearest readers, behold my funny shaped waffles! I am new to the waffle maker, and this post is dedicated to the wonderful Vicki, who donated hers to me only yesterday. Since yesterday we, along with the lovely Ali, were gallivanting around the West Lancs Vegan Fair, I didn’t have much energy for waffle production last night…..no, it was more of a chips and Game of Thrones sort of an evening.

Anyway! Sunday morning is a perfect waffle sort of a morning in my opinion. Black coffee and banana cinnamon waffles…..could anything be more wonderful?

Heat up your waffle machines!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup soya milk
  • 1 ripe banana, chopped
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg’s worth No Egg (you can buy this from Holland & Barrett)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 and 1/4 cups plain flour
As above, pre-heat the waffle machine! It’s Sunday morning so we don’t want to make too much of an effort; put all the ingredients into your blender in the order shown. Blend. Lots. Until smooth.

Spray some non stick cooking spray or brush a little vegetable oil/melted margarine onto the waffle irons. Heap the appropriate amount of mixture (according to your machine’s instructions) onto the irons. Cook for approx 3 minutes, until nicely browned. Slather in maple syrup and consume!

It should be noted that because I am a waffle machine amateur, mine were not gloriously, perfectly waffle shaped. Experiment with the amounts needed for your waffle machine, because mine lied! Still, I soldiered through eating them as best I could.

Let me know how yours turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment