Sunday, 6 May 2012

Garlic & Rosemary Bread Machine Bread

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2012/05/06/garlic-rosemary-bread-machine-bread/





Ahhh, a week in glorious Paree and I have missed my bread machine. Baguettes are all very well and good, but sometimes I crave a nice white fluffy slice.

I recently bought some bread machine mixes, one of which was garlic and rosemary, and was so offended by its containing milk and eggs (what the hey?) that I set to making my own effort. I should have known better……

N.B. This recipe is for my mini 1lb loaf machine! You’ll need to double for a regular sized bread machine; please let me know if it works out ok if you try it! :)

Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons warm water
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1.5 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced or VERY finely chopped
  • 2 tsp rosemary
  • 2 cups strong white bread flour
  • 3/4 tsp fast action yeast
Put all ingredients into the bread machine pan in the order shown. Use the basic white loaf setting. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment