Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Bank Holiday Hijinks - Falafel, frolics, feathered & furry friends....

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2012/06/05/bank-holiday-hijinks-falafel-frolics-feathered-furry-friends/






Well dear readers, I celebrated this silly jubilee nonsense by cramming my long weekend full of grub (mostly cake) and other splendid things. Above shows a mighty cross section glamour shot of the lemon drizzle cake I made for my pal’s birthday gathering. I also made some rather disappointingly messily-iced cherry vanilla cupcakes…..this is what happens when you end up around 1/2 cup short of icing sugar during the frosting-making process! Nevertheless, they were yummy indeed….



Last night I enjoyed another tremendous meal at the Laughing Buddha here in my local area of Didsbury. Tofu, mange tout and cashew nuts in a garlic sauce with (not pictured) vegetable singapore vermicelli……boy do I love those rice noodles….



The final day off work was spent first enjoying a lovely brunch at Oddest, which caters pretty well to vegans. The slight graininess of this snap is a result of their dark, dark decor, which I can only assume is in place to help soothe hangovers…..a delicious spicy falafel wrap with fries…



A lovely afternoon was then spent at Dunham Massey, snapping the wildlife and squealing relentlessly at cygnets and ducklings…..









The night ended with Chinese food leftovers, catching up on Alcatraz (starring everyone’s favourite vegan celeb Jorge Garcia) and stuffing my face with this delightful chocolate cake from Unicorn…..



Back to the grind tomorrow, folks! I hope you all enjoyed your long weekends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment