Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Vegan (good for the) Soul Food

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2013/07/10/vegan-good-for-the-soul-food/




I've been a bit absent recently, after an emotional couple of months.

I had to face up to the fact, recently, that working full time and running a from-home vegan bakery (along with all my other extra curricular activities) was no longer feasible for me. Taking an indefinite hiatus from my beloved Cottage Cupcake Co. was hard. I wanted to dedicate more time to my partner, my lovely dog, my volunteering, etc.

Sadly, not too long after that, my partner and I separated after 4.5 years together. Along with all the heartache such things bring, I also experienced quite a scare when my dear, wonderful little dog was struck down with a mystery virus and had to spend a night in the emergency animal hospital.

My nerves have taken quite a battering over the last few weeks and cooking elaborate meals hasn't been on the top of my agenda. There has been quite a bit of good old fashioned comfort food, though......

Garlic mushroom and smoked cheeze pizza

Redwoods gammon style roast with all the trimmings!

Spaghetti with garlic bread

Sunday morning coffee and pancakes

Cheezeburgers - BBQ style!

And something a bit more healthy.....

Life's all a bit up in the air at the moment, so I doubt there'll be many exciting culinary experiments in the pipeline, but one little bit of positivity is that I'm moving in with two lovely friends of mine who are also vegan. And our kitchen-to-be is jam packed with mod cons INCLUDING A DISHWASHER (*faints*).

So once this vegan power household is established, I look forward to many many more cooking and baking exploits, and lovely shared dinners.

Right now I need to scrunch my eyes up tight, cover my ears, and run straight ahead through the difficult bits saying "LA LA LA" as loud as I can. I guess it's time to look to the future and I'm trying to be as positive as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment