Monday, 23 September 2013

Emergency Tart!

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2013/09/23/emergency-tart/




At about 9 last night I got a pretty bad craving for something sweet.... After a major baking sesh on Friday I wasn't really in the mood for cake, so I threw together this emergency cinnamon and peach tart....







I made the pastry by rubbing margarine and trex into plain flour, and adding a sprinkling of sugar and a tiny bit of salt. I added enough soya milk to make a dough.

I used drained, tinned peaches and sprinkled a mixture of sugar and cinnamon over the top. I added some pastry shapes (heart shaped was the only one I could find, apart from a bone shaped cutter I use to make dog biscuits....) and baked at 180c for around 25-30 minutes.

Hot soya custard on top = perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I totally sympathise with your emergency baking. I usually bake cookies at like 2am. Might make custard to have with them next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love the idea of emergency tart!

    ReplyDelete