Monday, 2 September 2013

Vegan Mofo 2013 Day One BUST.

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2013/09/02/vegan-mofo-2013-day-one-bust/




It is my shameful confession that the first day of Vegan MOFO 2013 did not go at all to plan, food-wise or otherwise. Yesterday, the 1st September, I was due to move the remainder of my possessions into my lovely new flat, including all my kitchenware, bakeware, cookware, electricals, etc, and my settee, dining table and so on.... Then I was ready to launch into a Vegan MOFO of new beginnings and healthy eating. My body has been CRYING OUT for more vegetables, and less beer and Chinese food.

Anyhow, as has been representative of my luck recently, the dream of domestic happiness came crashing down around me when the movers I'd booked turned up in a tiny van and with no tools. Moving day was cancelled! I did the sensible thing and went out to buy donuts and pasta, made myself a big ol' mac & cheeze, listened to some slightly melancholy music and then spent the afternoon reclining on my bed working my way through my Hammer Horror box set. (Oh, I also watched 'The Pact', which weren't that bad actually).

The food of the melancholy.....



So yup, a very shocking and shameful state of affairs. Donuts and cheezy mac? No, Jenny, NO!

Monday's a good day for new starts, and my move has been re-booked with a reliable company and I'm planning to get back on track. The challenge this month is to munch my way through my veg box EVERY WEEK no matter what's in there. Though I'm beginning to think a "What I Eat While I Watch Horror Films" might be a better theme...film reviews included?

I sure hope y'all are doing better than me so far!

9 comments:

  1. It may not have fitted in with your theme but that does look like a damned good mac 'n cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, it's one thing I've learned to whip up in 10 mins or so during desperate times! :)

      Delete
  2. So sorry moving day was cancelled, better look next time. There is no shame in Mac 'n' Cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine, as it turns out it fit in with the Mac n' cheese Monday theme so it wasn't all bad :)

      Delete
  3. Oh no! How frustrating. It doesn't sound like a good afternoon though. Like the sound of the food/ horror films reviews. If you don't do it know, maybe a theme for October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm warming to the idea actually, now that I have my own place and there isn't a man hogging the TV to play Skyrim! :)

      Delete
  4. Your mac and cheeze looks delicious, and the perfect antidote to a frustrating day. Happy mofo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! Wow, I love Paris and I love your theme! I actually found Paris to be a much more vegan friendly city than a lot of places in the UK. I discover more options every time I go. Very jealous of you living there :)

      Delete
  5. Donuts and cheesy mac sounds good to me; no judgement.

    ReplyDelete