Sunday, 13 October 2013

Autumn Comfort Food: Mac & Trees Bake and Vegusto Roast Dinner

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2013/10/13/autumn-comfort-food-mac-trees-bake-and-vegusto-roast-dinner/




Autumn's hit us here in Manchester and it's been perfect comfort food weather. I rustled up this mac & trees pasta bake the other day, using the Appetite for Reduction mac & trees recipe, with some Veganic pizza cheese mixed into the sauce, and sprinkled on top of the bake.... This cheese tastes great but it isn't as melty as I'd hoped....



I also decided to treat myself to a Vegusto roast yesterday; at nearly £10 they ain't cheap, but they are tasty and nice every once in a while (or, yanno, if you have loads of cash)..... I served mine with broccoli and kale, roasted carrot and sweet potato, and a mashed potato/gravy reservoir....




Almost all of these ace veggies came from my bargain £5 per week veg box. Tis the season for hearty root veg so I'll be doing my best to make the most of carrots and potatoes aplenty!

1 comment: