Thursday, 26 December 2013

A Very Vegan Christmas (Dinner)...

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2013/12/26/a-very-vegan-christmas-dinner/




I broke with tradition this Christmas and cooked a vegan feast at home for me and my lovely friend Michelle (not to mention my beloved pooch, Vulpe, and Michelle's adorable dog Gadget).

Michelle recently moved to Manchester from the US so we enjoyed a very English Christmas Day, with plenty of food, booze, christmas crackers and shameless telly watching.

I went for the easy option this year and bought a Redwoods gammon style roast. Along with that we had roast potatoes, sage & onion stuffing balls, braised red cabbage, apple sauce, cranberry sauce, maple roasted carrots and parsnips, pan fried sprouts, chestnuts and shallots, and a delicious cauliflower/cream cheese puree that Michelle brought along. Oh, and a good helping of onion gravy.

I confess unashamedly to using Paxo, Bisto and ready made cranberry sauce!

Vegan Christmas feast!

Pan fried sprouts, chestnuts and shallots

Maple roasted parsnips and carrots

Can't go wrong with a Redwoods roast

Cauliflower cheeze puree

Perfect roast potatoes!

Stuffing balls <3

Overindulgence....

We didn't eat it all, but we had a ruddy good try...

Gadget joins in the English paper hat tradition

I was also lucky to receive some really lovely gifts, including this selection of vegan delights...


I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, ate and drank too much and got everything you wanted from Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment