Sunday, 14 September 2014

Annual MOFO Fail, and a daytrip to Leeds

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2014/09/14/annual-mofo-fail-and-a-daytrip-to-leeds/




Hello my blogging chums! So, I formally handed in my MOFO resignation within a few days of it beginning. I guess my signing up for the 2014 'run' was some kind of Pavlovian response, because there was no way in all holy HECK that I would've ever been able to commit to it properly.

I'm in box city at the moment as I'm packing up to move house in less than 2 weeks. I also work in a University and anyone who's worked in Higher Education knows that September is busy.

On top of that, I've been gearing up to begin my beloved MA in Anthrozoology, which will kick off very soon indeed.

I've actually been cheating on this blog with a couple of my others too. My genealogy project has had some thrilling General Record Office developments, and I've started an Anthrozoology blog as a reflective tool for my MA studies.

Anyhoo, I do have something food-related to report, and that is my visit to the absolutely ruddy AMAZING Bundobust in Leeds.

I took a trip there yesterday to meet with some of my new MA course-mates, who kindly agreed to gather at a vegan-friendly place. I had a quick google and Bundobust popped up as an eaterie near the station serving plenty of vegan options.

Good GRIEF it was good..... Even if you don't click on the link, let me just say this: Indian street food and craft beers.

RIGHT?

So, I was a bit too shy to take food shots but the website does a good job of that. We had a selection of various vegan options and only politeness amongst my new academic brethren stopped me from hoovering up the whole lot in seconds.

I also had a tremendous vegan-friendly banana beer (thanks Vegaholic) which was so joyous I had two.


Folks : GO HERE AND EAT! (and drink)

Before I head off I want to draw your attention to possibly the best Vegan MOFO theme ever over at my pal Sophie's blog, Hasta la Vegan....

Sophie is taking one (or thirty) for the vegan team and cooking old/weird recipes from old/weird cookbooks and she is being BRAVE eating some of that stuff. The posts are giving me daily joy and chuckles and I urge you to check them out.

Meanwhile, I am cooking nothing of interest whatsoever as I sit amongst boxes and try to get plenty of academic reading done. Vulpe knows exactly how I feel lately.....


Enjoy MOFO my blogging pals! Who knows, maybe next year I'll manage it :)

4 comments:

  1. Aww thank you for the mention. Those meals are worth every bite if they're giving daily laughs!

    That place in Leeds sounds amazing, a trip there is now on my list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've nominated you for the Liebster award! :) Check it out: http://www.ajourneywithtiffany.com/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you Tiffany! Sorry for the delay but I just moved house and it has been CRAZY! :)

      Delete