Wednesday, 13 May 2015

The Most Wonderful of Tarts

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2015/05/13/the-most-wonderful-of-tarts/




After the weekend's pizza-excesses, I had a big ol' block of puff pastry just waiting to be used. I decided to try and be just a little bit classy and knock up a tart or two (arf).

Normally I wouldn't share something so completely made up, but this was SO tasty. If you're a fan of garlic then by god, this is the dinner for YOU.

In an impressive feat of using-uppery, I reached into the dark corners of my fridge and grabbed what needed eating ASAP.

I appropriated some romana pizza sauce, and also blended A LOT of garlic with a little oil and some herbs.

While my tart was cookin', I headed into the garden to admire my teenage tomato plant.

I was also admiring my plant-that-I-don't-know-the-name-of which I nursed all through Winter <3

The garden's a field of dandelions at the moment, but it's good for the bees, so that's ok.

Vulpe's pretty super pleased about this sunshine too.

Here she is! I used spring onions, tomatoes, greens and mushrooms and drizzled garlic oil over the top.

A tremendously delicious feast and, actually, a bit posh I think.

I'm all excited for future tarting it up with intended ingredients, and not just what was lurking in the back of my fridge....

No comments:

Post a Comment