Monday, 7 September 2015

No MOFO

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2015/09/07/no-mofo/






Oh guess what I still have the most beautiful doge in the whole flipping world.



Hey you guysssssss. Urghhhh I am such a poor specimen of blogger the past few months/years/forever. I will be honest: my mental health has taken a pretty mammoth dive in recent times. It's always been a bit wobbly and unreliable, but the last months have been a bit more intense FOR NO APPARENT REASON which is always super, of course. My GP, in collaboration with the local mental health pathway folks, is continuing his brave attempts to turn me into a Normal Grownup. Progress is slow, but I might even make it to semi-normal sometime soon!

For me, one symptom of such lows is a complete loss of interest in cooking, which I love to do ALMOST as much as I love eating. I generally tend to live off toast and donuts when struggling to maintain normality, and I fear such a diet plan is not the best advert for veganism......

However, I have managed to eat a few nice things, do a few fun things, and though a part of me thinks this attempt to keep my silly ol' blog limping on is pointless......eh, it seems a shame to stop after so long.

Additionally, I've been pretty sore-of-tummy just lately and the doctor suspects ulcer(s) (all manner of undignified/indelicate tests are ongoing). That's just DOUBLE SUPER of course, but on the plus side I am having to think a lot more carefully about what I'm eating so I might even end up crafting some tasty and delicious foods over the next weeks.

So, all in all, I am definitely not MOFO-ing this year. I failed disastrously the last couple of years. You should totally check out my friend Emil's blog though; he is making waffles EVERY SINGLE DAY *and* sticking to the daily themes. As per last year, a total trooper.

I hope y'all enjoy the MOFO this year anyway. Maybe one day I'll actually be ready AND able to join in without failing completely!

Random pictures of Food And Stuff.............

I did some volunteering at a Donkey Sanctuary as part of my MA. This is rescued donkey COCOA!

This handsome chap is Toby. He is known for trying to bust into the tack room to steal biscuits.

My cross-stitch obsession continues apace. I made this for my cousin's wedding <3

This is a box from the tremendous Geeky Little Stitcher. They contain everything you need to make one flipping amazing design.

The boxes are fully of adorable and marvellous THINGS.

The finished product - a weekend well spent!

Of course I have also been shoving food in my mouth. My wonderful beau gifted me an AMAZING new ceramic pan. Behold the pancake perfection.

The wonderful folks at V Revolution took pity on me while I was experiencing one of the worst hangovers of my life. This is an 'off the menu' burger with a cheese toastie instead of a bun <3

Lately it's been a case of trying to eat stomach-kind foods. This is tofu marinating in a totally non-spicy sauce with lots and lots of fresh ginger.

...and the finished beast. Yummy (healthy) baked tofu with veggies and rice.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you're going through a hard time. It's great that you're keeping the blog going, I love reading your updates. The tofu looks scrumptious, helping take care of donkeys sounds amazing, and you are inspiring me to get back into cross-stitch, which I haven't done for years. Keep doing the things that make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Cross stitch definitely keeps me sane at the moment; if you are getting back into it and don't have any supplies, I LOVE the Geeky Little Stitcher boxes on Etsy - you get the pattern, supplies, and other cute goodies. My poor family are likely to be receiving 100% embroidered Christmas gifts this year! :)

      Delete