Wednesday, 6 January 2016

2016 Resolution : MORE (vegan) MAKE-UP

This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2016/01/06/2016-resolution-more-vegan-make-up/



There were a couple of things that prompted my last post, which turned out to be a m-a-m-m-o-t-h roundup of all things vegan. One of those was my discovery of the Veganuary website, and my pleasant surprise at all the info therein. Another was my discovery of a couple of excellent makeup related posts including Sal's uh-mazing roundup of UK 'beauty' brands. Ever since Superdrug released their B. range, I confess I've barely ventured beyond its safe, vegan-labelled boundaries. I've picked up a couple of Lush and Barry M items, but that's about it.

SO. Since I was off to Superdrug for a prescription fill up today, I decided to grab a few new items. ADVENTURE YOU GUYZ. On a Tuesday. Wait, is it Wednesday? Anyway.


Ok, before you get TOO eye-rolly at the utter banality of my purchases, please be aware that I have about four Urban Decay palettes lurking in my collection and I've p much used up all the more boring colours and ignored all the more exciting ones. They are literally years old. I am so ashamed. So one of my makeup resolutions is to go for a bit more colour and not rely ~completely~ on my trusty liquid eyeliner. Eyeliner + colour, obvs.

Playing it safe, I stuck with the Revolution and MUA ranges (FOR NOW).

Gotta tell ya, I don't really entirely understand this product, but I was drawn in by the mention of vitamin e and jojoba. I was all like ooooooooooooooooooojojoba. And it was in my hand. It appears to be a super pale pressed powder.......and not much more. But that's a-ok by me. I'm quite pasty as it goes. This is described as a 'super lightweight setting powder' so I'm guessing this is for those more ~natural~ days. At £3, I won't argue.
(2) MUA Undress Your Skin Under Eye Concealer (£3)
I'm pretty sure I've bleated plenty about my current B12 deficiency (zzzzzzzz). I am the QUEEN OF NAPS. I'm also quite often the Queen of Tired. So any assistance with these dark undereyes is much appreciated. (I've not busted this one open yet because I'm checking out the glycerin and CI 77491 sources at the moment. TBC!)



(3) Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter (£3)
I HAVE NEVER USED HIGHLIGHTER BEFORE. There I've said it. Behold how I branch out, like a highlighted and contoured tree, whose bark shimmers as if in candlelight. I had to look up instructions on how to highlight. Tomorrow, I shine. (TBC.)


I feel like the Revolution Mono Eyeshadow (£1) and Pressed Powder (£2) are a little too boring to share in any detail. I'm almost out of a basic pale eyeshadow, and pressed powder ALWAYS gets used in this house so I thought that for £3 total I'd give 'em a go!

I also wandered into Boots recently for the first time in literally years after reading that some items in the Botanics range were vegan friendly, and I picked up these guys:


Botanics All Bright Cleansing Foam Wash (£3.99)


Botanics All Bright Radiance Balm (£5.99)


I'm not sure I've been looking super radiant in the past couple of days but once I slap on the highlighter as well I'll be a vision of manic, wide eyed, shimmering brightness I'm sure. Yeahhhh!

And here is Vulpe despairing at my choice of resolution. She's chosen to read 52 books and try out a new MOOC in 2016.



Finally....how'd you like my l'il post-Christmas embroidery (first of 2016)?



2 comments:

  1. New make up is my New Years resolution too! That and buying some makeup brushes. I've also been inspired by Sal. Vegan make up is something I've never got to grips with and I've ended up wearing less and less as a consequence when I used to love it. You'll have to do an update on how the products work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes I've been eyeing up the lovely eco-tools brushes in Superdrug but I think I'll wait until February payday to justify that!

      I did a wee update in my latest post, but the concealer turned out to be possibly non-vegan, boo :( The powders are great though and I would definitely recommend them :)

      Delete