Saturday, 2 January 2016

Another Vegan Christmas 2015, and The Best Kind Of Resolution (AKA Riots Not Diets)

 This blog has moved! See this post on the relocated blog here: http://spiceboxofearth.co.uk/2016/01/02/another-vegan-christmas-2015-and-the-best-kind-of-resolution-aka-riots-not-diets/



A Happy New Year to you, dearest readers, and I sincerely hope you had a wonderful festive season and a super duper NYE. I spent the evening missing my #1 guy and also spooning a swaddled and terrified pooch as all those fireworks went off at midnight. I'm not NYE's biggest fan, and I do wonder if that's a result of all those parties my Mum took me to when I was small, tired and a bit bored and surrounded by drunken middle-aged people who forced me to sing Auld Lang Syne at midnight. WOT. I much prefer sitting on the couch with a biscuit and a cup of tea these days.

I am a super huge fan of Christmas, though. MAYBE YOU GUESSED I DUNNO. This year I was joined by my lovely man and by friends Emil and Jake. I was feeling uber doubtful about whether a lot of this delicious food would happen when I woke up on the morning of 23rd December with an intensely, agonisingly awful pain in my neck (lolz yes actually it was a pain in the neck). Luckily I was due in my GP surgery that morning for my pre-festivus B12 injection with the nurse, and the doctor kindly saw me. I had an acute muscle spasm in my neck and that wasn't fun at all. But with much assistance from my friends and loved ones, ALL WAS WELL. I won't tell, I'll just show.......

You GUYS! Add marzipan to your mince pies!!



Our starters: Cranberry & avocado sushi, Fry's 'prawns' and creamy leek/mushroom filo parcels with sweet chilli dip.

Our feast!

Pumpkin pie: credit goes entirely to Emil!

You remember the Christmas cake right?

Absolutely flipping delicious, if I do say so myself.

The Christmas cake turned out amazingly well. I'm definitely sticking with this recipe from now on; it was moist and tasty and not too hoochy (I nearly poisoned my family a couple of years ago, oops).

BUT WHAT ABOUT PRESENTS, RIGHT?

Twin Peaks joy from my bestest guy <3

Bestest stocking filler from bestest guy!

I bought this print for my man, which is a bit cheeky since it's up in my kitchen now.

Ahhhh BEHOLD! I started stitching this gift in May 2015 you guyz. She's beautiful!

But what of resolutions, my friends? What indeed! Well, I am super thankful that in 2015 I met the best man in the whole world. Sure my life ended up getting pretty darn de-railed thanks to a honker of a B12 deficiency and an inhuman number of naps, but I'm feeling positive for 2016 ESPECIALLY because p soon my bestest guy will be coming to live with the pooch, Miaowski and me <3

So WHAT OF RESOLUTIONS? Well, I just wanted to share this little snippet with you. I think I will be buying the Taco Cleanse book for sure if this is what I can expect.....

A photo posted by The Taco Cleanse (@tacocleanse) on

And as I posted on Facebook on New Year's Eve, to any of you lovely folk that are making weight loss resolutions for 2016, please give this a little read and remember that you are wonderful and perfect as you are! What 8 Body Positive Activists Want You To Know About Losing Weight in the New Year.

And finally you guyz, if you are thinking of giving Veganuary a go, head on over to Emil's blog where he has listed some super handy tips on getting started with veganism :)

2 comments:

  1. That dinosaur print is the best! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you too! The vegan dinosaur is now proudly displayed on the kitchen wall :)

      Delete